Homemade Protein Bars - 3 Ingredients!!
On a rainy Sunday, this is what happens in my kitchen! I wanted to make some new protein bars but did NOT want to go out shopping in the rain. So out my empty little pantry I came up with these and they are delicious and so easy to make! Only three ingredients to make the base of these bars, but I have lots of ideas to change up this recipe format. They are sweet and chewy and an unprocessed, protein rich version of a fig newton cookie!
- 2 1/2 cups of Organic Dried Figs
- 4-5 cups of puffed rice cereal
- 5-6 Tbsp brown rice protein powder
- Soak the figs in enough water that they are covered. Leave them about 20 minutes or until softened.
- Remove the stems from the figs.
- Blend the figs in a food processor first by themselves.
- Add in the puffed rice and pulse until you can still see some of the rice pieces coated in the fig mixture.
- Add in the protein powder and pulse a few more times (you wouldn't even have to add this).
Press into a coated pan or dish. I used a 9x13 and made them very thin. The texture of these is amazing though, you could roll them into balls and drizzle dark chocolate over the top or add in dark chocolate chips, or dip them entirely in dark chocolate. As with all of my protein bars, remember you can swap out the protein powder, or use other add-ins, maybe some chia or flax seed! Let me know how you would use this recipe! And send it on to any friends who might enjoy!