3 Ingredient Sugar-Free Pancakes
All I can say, is when you're on a sugar-detox these sound like heaven. And actually, this is a recipe I use in a few different ways around the base ingredients which are only two things: bananas and eggs.
That's all! Two ingredients, no refined flours, no GMOs, no gluten, and it's inexpensive, and easy and they taste like banana bread!
I started telling people about this recipe when I was seeing clients for food sensitivities, they would have a small small list of foods they were able to eat so we got pretty create in food combinations. If you have ripened bananas, and eggs, you can make pancakes. And if you want to make them a little fancier or vary the flavors you can easily do that.
Here's how I made mine this morning:
- 2 really ripe bananas (I'm talking they are black and super smushy)
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 Tbsp Mila (the chia I love)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of allspice or cinnamon
- Peel the bananas, crack the eggs
- Throw it in a bowl and whip it up with a fork
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and use a little coconut oil
- Spoon a small pancake size onto the pan and wait. Don't mess with them! Wait until you see little holes appearing in the surface and then use a really thin, wide spatula to carefully flip
- Cook the second side for a minute or two and that's it!
- Top with fresh blueberries or strawberries!
These are so good, try them out and see how easy it is to eat clean! A few more ideas, add shredded carrots, zucchini, pumpkin, or sweet potatoes!