Make a Date!
Do you ever just want something to eat after lunch or dinner and you don't want a super sweet dessert or anything big or heavy but something?!? There are really cool things you can do with dried fruits, including dates!
I just found organic dates at Costco last weekend so I snatched them right up. Sometimes it's enough to just eat a couple of these plain to give you what you are craving, but if you want to get a little more creative....keep reading for some fun recipes you can make with these OR substitute with plums, figs, raisins or more!
Try this first recipe for a dessert to impress or to just store in the freezer for whenever you need a treat!
1. Take 1 cup of dates (with all of these recipes, make sure the pits are out - sometimes there are a few left) and put into a food processor or a Vitamix.
2. Grate a tablespoon or so of fresh ginger into bowl.
3. Mix until dates form a paste and then roll into small balls.
4. Place some finely grated coconut in a shallow bowl and roll the date cookies into the coconut.
5. Place the cookies onto a sheet or in a glass container in a freezer to chill. Store here and remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before you eat them.
Use these things below as mix-ins to make all types of variations:
- Carob Powder
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
- Flax seeds
- You can even add a little water or nut milk if you need to
If this is too much work for you, then try this even simpler idea:
Dates are sometimes already started opened, especially this bag because the mosts (mostly) have been removed. That means it's really easy to either slice them or put something inside of them.
Try putting a toasted almond, walnut or even some pistachios inside the date, reseal it a little bit and eat as is, or roll in coconut again!
Try this out and let me know how it goes! Post your pictures on the Facebook page and show me how they turn out!