Superfood Power Green BITES!
I love this recipe because there is so much good nutrition and healthy fats in it that it can be a great snack, a breakfast or a dessert because it's super rich and satisfying.
This truly is a superfood because it contains a blend of items that you won't just find sitting around in the market - the greens powder in this recipe is the best part: it contains spirulina, chlorella, wheat grass (no that does not contain gluten), alfalfa grass and more and more very alkalinizing greens. In this one little scoop you get way better nutrition than throwing kale or spinach in a smoothie!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup: combination of your choice of other nuts/seeds: I used chia, pepitas and hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup nut butter (my fave is Nutzo a blend of cashew, chia, pumpkin and some others) this time I used sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp Greens (mine is from Genesis Pure)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 5 dried fig (I reconstituted these in some warm water first)
This will be quite dense and thick so you could add water, a nut milk, even a banana to make it "blendable"
I used my Vitamix and had to scrape it down a little. Another tip that might make it better is if you soak the almonds or any other nuts/seeds you use first. Roll into bites and refrigerate - you can also freeze!
- Roll the mixture into little round bites and then into more flaked coconut
- Add raw cacao powder for a chocolate version
- Add in oats
- Use dates or prunes instead of figs
Let me know what you come up with - serve these up for a party you'll stun everyone!