7 Reasons you should be drinking Dandelion Tea!
Coffee's out and tea is in - did you know?
So this doesn't have to be true for you but I got my food sensitivity test results back on Friday and I'm highly reactive to coffee - no big deal for me, I don't drink it, I don't like the smell and it almost makes me nauseous to smell it.
There are better coffee choices than others, but that's not what I want to tell you about today!
Today it's about one of my favorite herbal teas: dandelion. Luckily tea is on my Phase 1 food plan and I get to drink this like I did before :)
Dandelion root is an herb, most commonly known for its work in helping to detox the liver. Here are some other things your morning beverage could be doing for you....(instead of being acidic like plain old coffee).
Benefits of drinking Dandelion Tea
- Helps to break down fats during digestion (therefore helps with weight loss)
- Carries away waste products of digestion
- Reduces the workload of the liver
- Improves skin
- Helps to purify the bladder and kidneys
- Reduces joint pain or muscle aches
- May calm an upset stomach
How to brew your dandelion tea:
- Boil your water
- Pour over tea bag
- Steep for 10 - 15 minutes
- Cover your tea cup while brewing
- Squeeze all the goodness out of the tea bag
You can also look for dandelion greens as a new green salad option and reap many of the same health benefits!
Get your organic roasted dandelion root tea on Thrive Market for a great price, register for using Thrive here and let me know how you like this tea!