Cauliflower Radish & Swiss Chard Rolls
Have you passed by all of the different leafy greens in the grocery store more than once because you just don't know what to do with them?
It's true, dark leafy greens are in abundance these days, and I'm so glad because they are nutrition powerhouses for your body. BUT if you don't know how the specific flavor pairs with other foods, or even how to start using it, then check out these this recipe I made last week with my swiss chard bundles.
Vegan Cauliflower Radish & Swiss Chard Rolls
So that's a mouthful to say, but you'll love to eat it! These are crisp, raw (almost), vegan and easy to make!
- Swiss chard leaves (however many you want)
- Cauliflower rice
- Black radishes
- Broccoli sprouts
- Sea salt
- Dried parsley to season cauliflower rice
1. Wash and pat dry your swiss chard leaves
2. Heat up a pan and lightly saute your 'rice' (NOTE: you don't have to cook this but I buy frozen and usually don't thaw it ahead of time so I just dump it in the skillet!)
3. Wash and chop your tomatoes, radishes, herbs, and avocado
4. Layer cauliflower rice on the leaves, top with other veggies, herbs and avocado and roll up. You may need to remove the thick stem at the bottom to be able to roll.
WHY YOU SHOULD EAT THIS:
- Double duty cruciferous veggie power with the cauliflower and swiss chard
- Cruciferous veggies stimulate the growth of lung tissue, regeneration and healing
- Swiss chard and collard greens are high in zinc, a great way to supplement your hair, skin and nails
- On the emotional side, these veggies perfect when you're feeling confused or bewildered and help you remember you are not alone and to recognize people in your lives that have given you time, energy, love and guidance
Add this recipe to your menu this week and add proteins if that's part of your game plan :)
I'm so excited to tell you I'm starting to offer my Healthy Gut Assessments for women who want to get their bodies ready to have a baby. Lots of fruits and veggies are absolutely key for getting pregnant, but you also want to make sure you have your digestion, your adrenals, your thyroid and well.....everything else working well to increase your fertility AND to keep yourself and the baby healthy during the process.
Grab a space in my calendar now if you want to chat with me about what steps you can start to take to get your BABY BODY READY!