Cucumber Noodle Lettuce Wraps To cleanse excess toxins in your liver
One of the MAJOR reasons holding you back from your dream body is excess toxins in the body. You are bombarded ALL DAY EVERY DAY with chemicals, so pay attention to that AND eat liver cleansing foods. The cucumber noodles are not just light and tasty, they will help to purge the liver.
This impromptu lunch was inspired by my impromptu lunch from yesterday! As are nearly all of my meals! Yesterday I made a light spinach and tomato soup, sort of a gazpacho of sorts to use up my dad's cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. I still have some but I wanted something other than to toss them in my salad.
The soup was blended in my Vitamix with the following ingredients:
*2 Large tomatoes
*2 cloves of garlic
*Fresh cilantro & parsley
*Himalayan pink sea salt
*A few big handfuls of mixed greens (spinach, baby kale and chard).....and enough water to blend
So I had that leftover and wanted to make a dip/sauce for some lettuce wraps.
- Boston lettuce leaves (I used about 6 to make 3 big wraps)
- Mini bells peppers (orange and yellow and red)
- 1 Cucumber
- Black sesame seeds
- Tahini paste
1. Use veggie slicer to make ribbons with the cucumber and place in bowl, season and toss with salt
2. Slice peppers into thin strips and tomatoes in halves
3. Add in 1-2 scoops of plain hummus and about 1 TBSP tahini paste to the leftover spinach soup and mix
4. Layer lettuce leaves to make a solid wrap and fill with noodles, tomatoes, peppers; top with sauce and black sesame seeds.
Use the extra soup sauce as a dip or a dressing!
Share this post with your friends and make sure you are following me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/jodibullockrd/