Mila & Greens Smoothie
What's the best way to start your day? Nutritionally this green smoothie is the best I've ever made or seen. It's loaded with greens and when I say greens, that means WAY more than a handful of organic spinach or kale. This one little scoop packs a powerhouse of nutrition including organic spirulina thallus, chlorella, wheat grass, alfalfa leaf, artichoke leaf, parsley leaf, carrot root, oat grass, , cilantro leaf, catmint leaf and kelp thallus. And this is only the Superfood Blend! There is a botanical blend, fruit complex and mushroom group too.
Why should we eat greens? Here are some of the many many benefits and health effects:
- Increases red blood-cell count; cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract; simulates metabolism
- Stimulates your thyroid gland
- Reduces over-acidity in your blood and relieve peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal complaints
- Detoxifies your liver and blood and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants
- Its high chlorophyll content may help oxygenate your blood. Keeping a tray of live wheatgrass near your bed may also enhance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help improve your sleep
- May help reduce damaging effects of radiation, courtesy of the enzyme SOD—an anti-inflammatory compound
- Detoxes the urinary tract
- Purifies the blood and liver
- Has a strong alkaline effect on the body
- Natural laxative and diuretic
- Eases general digestive problems
- Contains high levels of enzymes for food digestion and assimilation
- Lowers bad cholesterol, and reduces incidence of atherosclerotic plaque
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels, especially when taken with manganese
- Supports the pituitary gland
This smoothie is super fast and easy to put together. First measure 2 Tablespoons of Mila. One scoop from the bag is the perfect serving. Read all about Mila here.
Your dry ingredients are Mila, 1 scoop of Greens and one 1/2 scoop of Vanilla Health Trim Protein powder. You can use as much protein powder as you like, but I typically just need about a half scoop.
Take a look at the Mila after I added some water to it - this is just after a few minutes, it starts to gel right away. Now, you can add water to create the gel first, or just add Mila into the smoothie dry. I like to gel it first to make a thicker smoothie.
Here's another view of Mila all gelled up! Using bananas that are ripened and then chopped into pieces makes the smoothie creamier - I chop them up and freeze them and just use a few pieces in my smoothie. You'll also need unsweetened non-dairy milk. I am using almond in this one but I also love Good Karma Vanilla flax milk. Again, just use enough to cover the dry ingredients, typically about 1/2 - 3/4 cup.
- 1 scoop Mila
- 1 scoop Greens
- 1/2 scoop Vanilla or Cacao Health Trim Protein powder
- A few slices of frozen banana pieces
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- A few ice cubes or crushed ice
- Water to thin if desired
I have an immersion blender so I usually use that and layer the ingredients like this: the dry ingredients and gelled Mila, cover with milk, add in bananas and ice and then add a little more milk or water. If you use an immersion blender be careful because it can splatter over you!!
Mix until smooth. This smoothie is packed with omega-3s, protein, fiber and is alkalinizing. If you want to know more about the Greens and the protein powder, let us know and we can help you order it at 25% off!