Salmon Stuffed Peppers & Brussel Sprouts Salad for a 10 min healthy lunch!
When I feel like eating protein, wild caught flaked salmon, all ready to go just tear open the bag is one of my go-tos. It's a healthy fat, a good choice for wild caught seafood (mercury isn't an issue) and you can do SO MANY things with it!
This lunch is a PERFECT example of how you can make lunch (or dinner) SUPER FAST by using healthy cheater methods. Such as:
- The healthy protein source you don't have to cook (already covered) just make sure it's WILD CAUGHT (no exceptions) and only packed in WATER
- Pre-shaved brussel sprouts: we all love brussel sprouts but who likes to wash them, cut off the ends and then find the perfect knife to shave them into symmetrical sized half moons? (I don't especially at lunch when I'm typically really ready to eat something FAST)
I used these brussel sprouts in my chicken salad recipe here as well. Hungry yet? Here's what to do:
- Washed and shaved brussel sprouts
- Wild caught salmon
- Red bell peppers
- Mustard (I used stone ground and regular)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Salt, pepper
- Rice vinegar
- Olive oil
- Wash, slice and clear pepper of any inside seeds/lining, cut into halves or fourths
- Mix salmon with mustards, parsley and onions
- Heat a pan on stovetop at medium heat, spray with olive oil
- Add brussel sprouts, season with salt, pepper and stir until lightly browned
- Once nearly cooked, toss with a little rice vinegar to deglaze the pan and flavor
- Top peppers with a little more mustard and onions, serve with brussel sprouts
Super easy and fast. No excuses to not eat your veggies at lunch!